Kemi Church designed by the architect Josef Stenbäck was finished in 1902. It is a brick constructed long church with two side ships. The building resonates continental Neo-Gothic influence which is especially displayed on the magnificent round window overlooking the main entrance as well as on the great windows of the altar wall. The gothic influence is also shown on the steeple, smaller spires and gables.
The archways and protruding columns of the church hall resemble those of big European cathedrals. Simple furnishing and frugal decoration are in turn part of the traditional Finnish stone church building.